Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Grenoble, Anthoard - 4/10

Basic Info
Location: Grenoble, France, the neighborhood of St Bruno
Name: Residence Anthoard
Price:  509e a month + insurance = 522e
~ 40e a month electricity + 20e internet
Surface: 18m2
Length of stay: 4 months
Amenities offered: Laundry on the ground floor, bike parking, vacuum cleaner on request.


Before Arriving
We communicated in French by emails.
Yes, they were clear and helpful.
All my questions were answered in a timely fashion.

Arrival
It wasn't very easy since it is a small place in a small street.
The keys were left with another student who handed them to me.
He was aware of my arrival.

Dealing with the residence
The room was not clean. A few things were broken.
A chair, the stove, the showered holder, the tiles in the bathroom.
It was pretty quiet. A few parties here and there, nothing too bad.
The staff could not answer basic question like "how to get somewhere by tram". They could not direct us to anything.
They did not respond in a timely manner to any inquiries. They did not acknowledge emails.
Some repairs were not made, even thought I asked repeatedly.

Atmosphere
The other students were nice, quiet.
We had a few get togethers.
Primarily people from other parts of France.
The neighborhood was so so. Very agitated in the evening, not the safest feeling
We had a break in in one of our rooms. Probably by a fellow resident.

Post departure
They did not send me my mail that was left after my departure. I waited almost 3 months for it. They did not acknowledge emails.
It took them a long time to process my safety deposit return.

Would you recommend?
No, no, no.
The staff stopped caring as soon as they got my money.
I had an overall bad experience and realized how overpriced the accommodation was. I was able to find a place for 370e in the center of the city, bigger and cleaner!

cleanliness
5/10
staff
0/10
atmosphere
6/10
neighborhood
5/10
TOTAL:
4/10


Review by Liza S.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Helping students choose - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger